Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blog Post #1

Personally, I have not heard any thing about EDM310 before enrolling. I was not sure what I was walking into on my first day of class. However, I do understand that this class requires much dedication and time management skills. Time management is crucial for success in this course and any other courses for that matter. One thing I fear is between work and other classes which demand time, I will let myself fall behind and will not catch up. On that note, I will not allow myself to fall behind or not manage my time correctly. To see that I stay focused, I will lessen the hours I spend at work and set aside time each day to work on projects for EDM310. Another fear I have about taking EDM310, is the use of more advanced technology. I am familiar with how to use a computer and many of the basics, but I have not ever had to make a video or use a blog for projects. With that being said, I am very open to learning how to do these things and becoming more comfortable. This course seems completely different than many of the other courses I have taken in the past at the University of South Alabama. In other courses, material has been thrown at students and students are expected to remember for a test. I know I will like the way Dr. Strange allows his students to learn on their own and become professionals. This course seems to be comparable to EDU301, Arts in the Elementary School. I took this course over the 2014 summer break and Dr. Vitulli allowed all her students to explore learning and how to teach students using art. She also made it clear that the classroom did not have to boring. Art and technology can both become incorporated into the classroom. EDM310 seems like a vigorous course load, but I am looking forward to learning more and exploring the unknown!

4 comments:

  1. Logan,

    I also share your fear of letting myself fall behind, and not being able to catch up. That is something I always fear in my classes. That is great that you are going to lessen your hours at work in order to make sure you have the needed hours at home to work on EDM 310. I have never used blogs like this either until this class. It will be interesting learning how to use Blogger this semester. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelby,
      I am amazed that I am actually keeping up with everything so far! How are you doing with the class?

      Delete
  2. You plan of action for keeping your time managed this semester is great. This will be one of the keys to doing well this semester.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey,
      Thank you! I am glad I have dedicated enough time for this class.

      Delete