Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blog Post #5

As future teachers, we must prepare to help our students evolve in a world that is constantly changing. PLN is a way to demonstate a group of people, blogs, websites, and other types of resources to better understand concepts. I was very interested in Symbaloo after watching, A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment

Symbaloo
Still as teachers, we will still continue to be life-long learners. We will have questions and we will have ideas. To be able to ask and share ideas with other fellow educators allows for a whole window of opportunity. One example I have found amazing is the practice of commenting on young student's blogs. I really enjoy seeing these students become so connected with the world. Also, I feel like I will use blogging as a practice in one of my future classrooms.

In an effort to create my own PLN, I have created a Twitter. I had not had a Twitter account before this class. Now, I see how much of a networking tool Twitter can be. For example, I am following Vicki Davis who uses technology in her classroom. She is a great person to become connected with for any questions I may have or ideas I would like to share with her. Also, I followed other education sites. One site I started to follow is giving away a $500 gift card for teacher supplies. I think it is awesome to see different organizations to become associated with. PLN is great for making connections and finding individuals with your same interests.
Connections

1 comment: