Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8



What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?

Randy PaushAfter watching Randy Paush's last lecture, I took away a lot of great advice. From the beginning, Randy makes a great point that the cards we are dealt may not be what we had in mind, but it is how one reacts to situations that makes one stronger. Everyone has obstacles but it is by that person's choice on how to overcome. To start with, Randy Paush tells the audience about childhood dreams. When, he was a child he dreamed of being a NFL football player. I remember when I was a child that I loved to dance. My parents paid for lessons and I enjoyed it, but in the long run I got a lot more out of dancing than just learning the moves. I know that as a teacher I would like to not only teach the required lesson material but also the life lessons are important.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you that I took a lot away from Randy Pausch's last lecture. This video really drew my attention in all the way through the very end. I think its great that you were able to relate to him through your love for dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to fully answer the driving question fully. Also try to elaborate more on your ideas next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MacKenzie,
    I will be sure to give more detail next time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete