Saturday, October 18, 2014

Blog Post #9

Projects in the classroom have all been very similar. Teachers hand out project assignments, a rubric, and then expect the students to enjoy the project and understand. In Seven Essentials for Project-Based Learning, I enjoyed reading the tips on how to effectively promote projects in the classroom. I really enjoyed how the teacher introduced the topic. I feel that the students would be very interested in doing the project. The discussions also led to the students being even more excited about being this project. In the end, the standards were met, the students enjoyed the project, all while learning.
Next, PBL for Teachers  showed me that driving questions can change and invent new outcomes. Also, teachers can engage students in serious questions. Secondly, I watched, What Motivates Students?. One student explained that positive feedback helped motivate him. Awarding students for a good job makes students want to continue to do well. Even in adulthood, everyone likes to be praised. One video title that caught my eye was, Students Solve the Case of the Watery Ketchup. It was amazing watching this video and seeing students solve and invent through project based learning. I can not wait to see what my future students can create. Finally I read PBL and Physical Education. I thought the tips were very interesting and will put them into good use. I really liked how the students were given the opportunity to invent an exercise program for middle school students. These examples of project based learning show how important projects are at any age. I can't wait to involve my students in critical thinking.
PBL

4 comments:

  1. This post was a bit brief, in my opinion. I feel like you could have written more about each video/article you watched/read. Also, your picture is lacking title and alt modifiers. Please fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    Thank you for commenting on my post. I will fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive feedback is always a plus for anybody. I agree with Rebecca be careful in using portable paragraphs for the videos. I enjoy project based learning myself and can't wait to see my future students. You will do great. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula,
    Thank you for you comment on my blog! Also, I appreciate your compliments. Good luck to you in your future classroom.

    ReplyDelete