Saturday, November 1, 2014

Blog Post #11

Love to teachFirst I watched, Back to the Future and it had a really powerful message. You can tell Brian Cosby is extremely passionate about teaching. Mr. Cosby includes students who speak more than one language and helps these students become even better learners. Another thing I enjoyed from this piece is how blogging can really impact a students learning experience. I believe I will use some blogging in my classroom to get the students more connected with the world and also to learn how to become better writers. Mr. Cosby let his students work doing the talking for what they learn. Another thing I learned from this video is how different types of technology can enhance students' learning experiences and give students fresh ways of learning. Next I watched Paul Anderson's Blog Video. Paul Anderson tells the viewer how much fun learning should be and no one is perfect. Mr. Anderson inspires me to not only teach but make sure my students learn. My students should have fun and also learn in the process. The third video, which was really short, Making Thinking Visible ,showed students working in small groups. These small groups decided from the beginning about the project. I feel like collaborative group projects help students learn how to become oriented with working with their peers. The students will see that everyone can have different thoughts and views but the students must work well together and respect each other. Building Comics was a really wonderful video to watch. It showed me a wonderful project idea and also how students can be safe online. As a teacher, we should show students that technology can be a plus but has downfalls. I feel that before students can use technology they should be instructed on the safety measures. Also not all information online is reliable.This project was fun while they learned. The last video I watched, Roosevelt PBL showed how teachers engaged students by using PBL. I love to watch the students get excited about doing these projects. One thing that stood out to me was that these teachers were already getting the ball rolling with public speaking. I wish I would have had a teacher that encouraged me to be brave enough to stand in front of my peers and speak. I eventually got over the fear but it is great to practice these things. These students have so much room to be creative. Another great point to PBL is the collaboration part gives students a skill that will be used throughout life. I learned a lot through these different videos. I can not wait to put these skills to use for my future students.

4 comments:

  1. Logan,
    I enjoyed your post and I can really tell that you watched all of the required materials by how much you described them. You did a great job but I did see a few grammatical errors. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    Thank you for your comment! I really enjoyed the materials for this blog post.

    ReplyDelete